Wednesday, October 8, 2014

WONDER how #3 survived September

R is the same one reference in #2's letters. What are the chances of two brothers meeting the same man while serving their missions in 2 different states?

This week was a good week 
Well we have been teaching R and it seemed that he was really liking it but yesterday he told us that he felt that Mormonism isn't for him. But the funny thing is is that I don't feel that bad about it. We asked if we could meet with him one more time just to try and clear things up and he said yes. I don't understand how he can feel its not for him if he hasn't even tried it. He said that it would be okay for you to send him your testimony.
I hope that next week i will be able to get him back. Please pray for him to feel the spirit and that I will know what to say. 
Well here is the scary part of my letter this week with tender mercy's. I had the possibility of dying 3 times this week but came out alive. The first story is that me and Elder S went to bed that night. When we got out of bed the next morning we went out into the hall and it smelt like smoke. We didn't think much of it because we have some drug users upstairs so we went to the Sisters to get our stuff out of their car. Much to our surprise when we were talking to the Sisters they asked us what we thought about the three fire trucks that were outside that night. Down at the other end of our building a fire had started. Luckily there was a water line in the wall that broke and put out the fire. Elder S and I being as tired as we were had slept through the whole thing. The next thing was when we where at the G's helping them with their house. Brother and Sister G were outside with us just talking when a lightning storm started. Me and Elder S thought it was the coolest because it just kept going and going. Then lightning struck at the other side of the yard and shook the whole house. That was way cool too. I was leaning against the metal trailer at the time. And then last night it rained so hard that we got a flood warning. That was cool. We went out and watched the rain. This is just part of all the crazy stuff that happens in our mission. we will try and be safe but we are boys.


       It is going so good here in Georgia. It is supposed to be getting colder but for now its still 10000. That's so cool that you sent a letter to R. he is actually having a lot of struggles and he said that he thinks the church isn't for him. I don't feel sad though. He said he would like to meet with us one more time so that we can clear things up with him. Please pray for that talk.
        The Sisters are Sister T and Sister M. They are actually next door neighbors from Utah. Sister T is actually dying this transfer here. (That means she is going home) They live in the apartment right across the street from us so we see them probably every other day. We use their car to go give blessings and to go get food. They also take our suits to church for us so that we don't have to bike in our suits.
     Thank you for the scriptures you are sending. they make me very happy each time you send them. I love the scriptures very much. I am actually trying to read the bible right now. I made a bet with a man in a chess game that I would read the bible if I lost so I am getting a head start just in case.
     I will try and be safe but I am my fathers son.


Thank you for your email this week and the insight you got from the story of the tree of life. At the moment I am reading the New Testament so that I know what's up with all the crazy people here.
This week has been a really good week. Our numbers always seem really low when we send them in but our spirits are really high. The reasons for our numbers being low is because of all the service we do. It has been a true answer to our prayers. We have had a hard time with members wanting to help us so we prayed that we would find opportunities to help them except us. OUR WEEKS ARE FULL. The ward has dumped so much stuff on us that we are doing service all the time. It is crazy how much we have helped the ward and stuff like that. Maybe we should of asked in our prayers that the ward would just like us instead of having to do all this work. haha
My chess match went very good. I won against JL and so he now has to read D&C. The reason we had him read D&C is because he thinks that the true church was destroyed when the government said no polygamy. He thinks the government is now running the church and that the real church ran up to Canada where polygamy is allowed. Weirdo. So hopefully by having him read the D&C he will realize the truth. Next chess game I will tell him that he has to be baptized. NOT REALLY 
We haven't been able to meet with R in about a month. I worry about him a lot and I hope that we can meet with him soon. I had an amazing experience teaching an atheist yesterday. He is a professor in English at a college down here. He also has been all over the world studying religion and has tried out many different kinds of religion. The reason he can't believe any of them, or the reason he thinks the bible can't be true is because it has been translated so many times. That was when I got the smart idea to ask him if he has also read the Book of Mormon. He told us no because he thought it had also been translated many times the wrong way. I then told him that it is a direct translation from a set of plates and that it was the most correct book. He said if we gave him the book he will read it. YA!
Well it has been a really good week this week and I am loving my mission down here in Georgia. I am working hard and feeling the love of the ward a lot more than when I first got here.


Well I would like to say things are going real good down here in the south. But sad to say it has been really hard. R won't meet with us. 
Alright so the hard parts of this week. first of all we had a stressful week with ______
Next I would like to be mad at M, a recent convert. The thing that makes me mad about her is she calls us everyday asking if we can come over and help her but we can't do that. We are busy doing the Lord's work. We can come over every once in a while but for now she says she needs us. 
Next R won't meet with us. Why would God put me here if I can't meet with R who loved #2 (my brother) to death??
And last we have the saddest part of my mission. We were tracting and a lady stopped us to talk with her. we started talking with her and she just wanted to prove we were wrong. We tried everything we could to try and help her see but she wouldn't. What made it so sad for me was that she was my sister, my Heavenly sister and she knew what I was saying was true but she still said no. As we spoke to her we would have people honk at us as they drove by. Kids coming home from school would stop and try and prove us wrong. People would stop their cars asking if the girl was okay talking with us. People would yell at us from their cars saying we only want people to come to our church but we won't go to their church. At that moment I felt all alone in the world and I knew that Elder S felt the same. I could feel the devil laughing at us and speaking in my mind... "you lose she is mine. I won I won hahaha." At that moment that I felt at my lowest point;  knowing there was nothing I could do or say all I could do was take it. I was filled with the power of God and I testified with all my heart that I knew the Book of Mormon was true. She still did not budge but I knew she knew that she was wrong.
Because of this week and that experience I am waging an all out war against Satan. He may have won the battle but the war is not over. I will be on the Lords side and he is with me and if I have to be alone to be on His side in this world, so be it.
I  know this church is true and that Jesus Christ lives. I know the Book of Mormon is  true and I know God loves us all. I know that Satan is a real being and I know that he will lose.

THIS IS A LETTER I RECEIVED REGARDING #3
My name is M G from Albany, GA. I am writing to let you know that our family is grateful to you for sharing your son with us. We as a family are inspired by his willingness to serve and spiritual strength that he possess. I as a mother know that those characteristics are developed by a loving role model. He is an awesome individual and missionary.

My husband has enjoyed working with him and has said many times that #3 and his companion are what our ward needs to bring back the member / missionary relationship. We believe that it takes special missionaries to do that here in Albany and your son is one of those.

He has a strong testimony and loves The Lord. He is such a special blessing to our family.

We know he is a greenie but we are impressed with his confidence and strength behind the gospel message that he shares. He definitely carries himself in a manner that would make is parents proud.

Thank you for raising a young man who does what is right and is just before The Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment